Serves 2 (double ratio to make 4)
- 2 average sized chicken breasts
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- 1/2 cup of cooked spinach (or defrost frozen spinach)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme).
- 1/2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breast flat, but not too thin.
- Throw in pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper into a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the Cajon spices with the breadcrumbs.
- Provide a serving of about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Make rolls of each chicken breast firm and tie the rolled chicken with string or hold together with plenty of toothpicks.
- Spread olive oil onto each chicken.
- Add the Cajon seasoning on top.
- Place a sheet of foil onto a tray and the lay chicken rolls with folded parts facing down onto the sheet.
- Let the chicken cook through for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take out toothpicks or ties before serving.
- Bon appetite!